Smart Notification System for Hospital Discharge Process and Bed Management
- Dr. Malcolm Low
- Dr. Neelakantam Venkatarayalu
- UofG CS FYP Student: Phua Wei Jie
- Industry Partner(s): Mt Alvernia Hospital (MAH)
Project Start & End Date
- September 2017 – April 2018
Channel of Collaboration and/or Funding
- UofG FYP Project
- SIT LTIC Seed Grant
Problem to Solve
- Long turn around of hospital bed due to long discharge process.
- Manual sending of instant messages to inform housekeepers which beds have been discharged and require cleaning.
Solution and Notable Contribution
- Developed a Raspberry Pi-based RFID Smart Notification System for Hospital Discharge Process and Bed Management
- Developed a mobile app with Telegram integration for nurses, house keepers and admission office to monitor status of beds, clean the beds and allocate the beds efficiently.
Notable Outcome(s) / Progress and Next Step / Potential of Wider Application
- Developed and demonstrated a working system in one hospital ward in MAH during student FYP.
- System was handed over to MAH’s vendor and has been deployed hospital wide in MAH in Jan 2020.
Actual hospital wide deployment
SIT-Mt Alvernia Hospital Collaboration